How to Format Cells in MS Excel
Excel gives various formatting options for the cells. You have already learnt the formatting of data. There are many other formatting options like alignment, merging and wrapping available in Excel. You can define how text is to be displayed in cells of your worksheet. You can change font, font size, font color, etc. You can even decide borders and colors for cells. Let us start with the formatting of text. On the Home tab (Fig) under the Font group,
- Select a font from the drop-down Fonts list.
- Select font size from the Font Size list.
- Click on to increase the size of the font by 1 point at a time.
- Click on to decrease the size of the font by 1 point at a time.
- Click on to give bold effect to the text.
- click on I to give italic effect to the text.
- Click on to underline the text.
- Click on to select a color for the text.
- click on in the Font group to open the Format Cells dialog box to use some additional formatting options, such as Strikethrough, Superscript and Subscript.
The Font tab of the Format Cells dialog box also helps you in changing font, font size and font color. You can also give various effects such as bold, underline and italics.